KNOW THE FACTS

Advantages of Domestic vs. Foreign Production

California uses all of the oil we produce—currently 37% of what we consume. The other 63% is imported from foreign countries and other states. Sources of foreign imported oil:

SHARE ON

Hydraulic fracturing fact sheet

Hydraulic Fracturing Increases California’s Energy Independence & Keeps Jobs and Revenue in the State

Californians already consume all of the oil and gas generated in California. Demand also forces us to import more than 60% of California’s needed oil each year from outside the state. While growth in alternative energy sources will help meet some future demand, additional supply from within California is needed to meet current demand and to keep pace with population growth.

SHARE ON

Myths vs. Facts

Unsubstantiated MYTH: Hydraulic fracturing requires a substantial amount of water and threatens our already scarce water supplies.

FACT: The amount of water used in hydraulic fracturing in California is quite low compared to other uses because water is typically used once during the life of a hydraulic fracturing well. In fact, all hydraulic fracturing in California in 2013 used the same amount of water needed to keep one golf course green for the year.

SHARE ON

Banning ca production: more tankers, oil rail cars or rationing?

Special interests are pushing to end oil production in California

Here are the choices to replace 200 million barrels of California oil:

SHARE ON

An oil severance tax is wrong for california

Would an oil severance tax impact Californians?

Californians consume all of the oil produced in the state, so higher oil taxes could be passed on directly to consumers. We may not just pay more at the pump; we could pay more for goods and services that rely on oil and gas – like food, energy and transportation.

SHARE ON

Resources

Hydraulic fracturing has been used in California for more than 60 years. The following resources, including scientific research and economic studies, explain how in-state oil production contributes to our state’s economy by providing economic benefits while supplying the state with oil.

SHARE ON
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Email
  • Youtube Channel

Join our Coalition

Californians for Energy Independence is a coalition that supports state and local policies that allow for continued domestic energy production and opposes those policies – such as oil taxes and energy bans—that would hinder production and increase reliance on foreign oil.

SPREAD THE WORD

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Email
  • Youtube Channel